Traditional methods of treating psoriasis originated long before traditional treatment, passed from grandmothers to a younger generation. Since ancient times, around this disease there was a bad reputation, the glory of "accursed people. "Only healers and conspirators were allowed to be treated, and only secretly.
Today, the treatment of psoriasis with folk remedies is considered a completely normal method. But it should be understood that traditional methods act as an additional segment to the main traditional treatment for greater efficiency and productivity. However, many people still prefer traditional medicine to folk medicine.
Alternative treatment methods for psoriasis
There are many traditional remedies for psoriasis that have been used for centuries. Some products need to be taken orally, while others should be applied to the affected areas of the body. Let's take a look at both group categories.
For indoor use
As an internal use, various herbal infusions, decoctions, teas are used. Let's consider the most popular and effective ones:
- Flaxseed infusion: for its preparation we take 1 tbsp. spoon flax seeds, pour 1 cup boiling water, mix. Let it brew overnight and take it in the morning on an empty stomach. Before using the broth, it is recommended to take activated charcoal (2 tablets).
- Bay leaf infusion: take about 7-8 leaves of a medium-sized bay leaf, tear into several pieces and fill with 2 cups of boiling water. Let it brew for 10 minutes, filter. We take half a glass in the morning, afternoon, evening. Reception course - 7 days.
- Dill seed infusion: you need to take 2 tbsp. tablespoons of dill seeds, pour 1 cup boiling water. Let it brew for 40-50 minutes. The recommended intake is half an hour before meals. Can be taken 2-3 times a day.
- Oregano tea: It is useful for psoriasis to drink tea with oregano. To do this, simply add a pinch of oregano to the tea, let it brew for 20 minutes and take it 2-3 times a day.
- Infusion of 4 herbs: prepare the herbal mixture - take 4 tbsp. spoons of chamomile flowers, 4 tbsp. spoons of St. John's wort, 3 tbsp. spoons of violets, 2 tbsp. tablespoons of lingonberry leaves. We mix everything. Every morning we take 1 tbsp. spoon the resulting herbal mixture, pour 1 glass of boiling water, leave for 25 minutes and take.
- Tincture of Japanese Sophora: tincture can be purchased at a pharmacy, you can prepare at home: for this we take 50 g of dry sophora, pour 500 g of vodka and leave for 2 weeks, then filter and take half a teaspoon 3 times a day.
- A decoction of the agrimony plant: you need to take 1 tbsp. a spoonful of dry agaric, pour 1 glass of boiling water and let it brew for 1-1. 5 hours, closing the lid. We filter and take ¼ glass 4 times a day.
- Infusion of celandine: treatment of psoriasis with celandine is carried out very carefully, since celandine is a poisonous plant, strictly observe the dosage. We take 1 teaspoon of celandine herb, pour 200 ml. hot water, insist 30-40 minutes and use 3 times a day half an hour before meals.
- Sea buckthorn oil: It is considered a fairly simple, but no less good method of alternative treatment. You need to take 1 teaspoon of oil every day.
For external use
Along with taking medicinal infusions, decoction, external methods are widely used to treat psoriasis. These methods include various ointments, baths, lotions, lotions, etc. Means for external use perfectly eliminate the symptoms of the disease: itching, peeling, swelling, redness.
Let us examine in more detail several methods of treatment for external use:
- Linseed oil: Flaxseed oil for psoriasis is used as follows - the affected skin is treated with oil several times a day.
- Propolis ointment: you need to melt 100 gr. butter, put 10 gr. propolis, mix and add vitamin A capsules (3 pcs. ). We soak a piece of gauze in the resulting mixture and apply it to the affected area of the body. We fix it with adhesive plaster.
- Herbal bath: take 1 tbsp. spoon chamomile flowers, string, celandine and sage. Mix everything, fill it with hot water in a ratio of 1: 10. We infuse the broth for 30-40 minutes and pour it into a warm bath. Treatment of psoriasis with herbs in this form can be carried out daily for 7 days.
- Fish fat: Pure fish oil is gently applied to the affected areas of the body. Fish oil can be applied up to 3 times a day.
- Birch tar ointment: you need to take 50 gr. birch tar, 10 gr. petroleum jelly, 20 gr. honey, 1 egg white, 10 gr. fish oil and boric acid. Mix everything thoroughly and apply to the affected skin. The ointment should be stored in a dark place.
- Celery Compress: This compress will help relieve severe itching. Celery root is rubbed on a grater, the resulting mass is applied to psoriatic plaques, wrapped with foil. You need to keep the compress for 2 hours.
- Egg ointment: take 2 chicken eggs, beat, add 40 gr. table vinegar and 1 tbsp. a spoonful of vegetable oil. We mix everything thoroughly and apply to the affected skin once a day.
- Ointment with the addition of fir oil: take a small tube of baby cream, add 15-20 drops of fir oil to the cream, then 10 drops of birch tar. We mix everything thoroughly and process the psoriatic plaques. You can apply the ointment 2 times a day.
- Sea salt bath: take a bath with warm water, add 200 gr. sea salt. We take a bath every day for a week. The best time to take a bath is before bed.
We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the course of treatment for psoriasis at home, which was published in a well-known magazine about a healthy lifestyle. A step-by-step comprehensive approach to the treatment of psoriatic manifestations:
- Healing baths: we brew spruce or fir branches in a bucket, let it brew so that the water takes on a dark shade and add to the bath. We take a bath 2-3 times a week.
- After taking a bath, we treat the skin with homemade ointment with the addition of fir oil. The preparation method is described above.
- For oral administration, prepare a decoction: buy chaga extract (befungin), take 1 tbsp. spoon of this extract, pour 1 glass of warm boiled water. Take 2-3 times a day for 1 tbsp. spoon.
- Daily reception of sun and air baths.
- Compliance with a diet. The diet consists in the use of fermented milk and plant foods. It is necessary to minimize flour, fatty, spicy foods, smoked meats and citrus fruits.
Alcohol and smoking should be completely excluded.
If you are determined to use traditional recipes for the treatment of psoriasis, we recommend that you consult with a specialist to avoid any complications. You should not blindly trust self-medication, first agree on the treatment regimen with your doctor.